SCEC Approved Locksmith Briefing
BRIEFING OVERVIEW FOR SCEC LOCKSMITHS
This briefing is designed for suitably qualified locksmiths who wish to become SCEC (Security Construction & Equipment Committee) Approved. The SCEC Approved Locksmith maintains mechanical and digital combination locks fitted to SCEC Approved containers. SCEC also recommends Approved Locksmiths are used to fit locks and associated hardware to doors and windows of a Secure Area.
Subjects covered in the one day briefing includes:
- Containers inspection, servicing and reporting procedures.
- Physical security locking requirements of the Protective Security Manual/Protective Security Policy Framework and ASIO Technical Notes.
- An assessment upon completion.
When a locksmith meets all the requirements for SCEC approval, their details are entered on a SCEC Approved Lockmith Register which is maintained by T4 Protective Security.
The briefing takes one day and generally conducted from 8.30am to 5.00pm in Canberra. The cost for the 2014 briefings is $750. This includes morning, afternoon teas and light lunch,, briefing notes, ID card with an approval period of four years and a certificate issued on the successful completion of the briefing. Travel and accommodation costs are not included. Scheduled briefing dates are listed below.
2015 BRIEFING SESSIONS FOR SCEC APPROVED LOCKSMITHS
ASIO-T4 Protective Security (on behalf of the SCEC) have scheduled the following briefing sessions for locksmiths performing work for the Australian Government in 2015 on:
- 1 June 2015 (complete applications must be received by 4 May 2015)
- 21 September 2015 (complete applications must be received by 11 August 2015)
- 16 November (complete applications must be received by 13 October 2015)
* Please note: briefings have minimum entry requirements and will only proceed if a minimum number of suitable, complete applications are received by the close by dates for each briefing.
Joining instructions will be emailed to participants soon after the close by date. If a briefing session is cancelled due to lack of numbers, an email will be sent out soon after the close by date.
For further information on the above briefing sessions, please contact via Contact Us.